Deadline: September 9, 2019
Applications are open for the C40 Addis Ababa Women4Climate Mentorship Program 2019. C40 in partnership with the city of Addis Ababa will contribute to the emergence of the next generation of climate leaders by sharing knowledge and experience through an ambitious mentorship program dedicated to women in C40 cities.
The C40 Addis Ababa Women4Climate Mentorship Program will match committed leaders from the business sector, international organizations, and community organizations with emerging female leaders. The mentors will share their knowledge and experiences, supporting the mentees in becoming powerful leaders in their chosen field including politics, NGOs, business, media, and community groups.
Addis Ababa is proud to be the first African city to launch a Women4Climate Mentorship programme. The aim of the program is to support emerging women leaders to become more expert influencers while mobilising others in their efforts to accelerate climate action in meeting Addis Ababa’s sustainable environmental targets.
Each woman selected for the program will:
- Receive mentoring over a period of about 10 months
- Engage in collective sessions with other mentees and mentors
- Receive training that enhances communication and advocacy skills in order to build the mentee’s ability to be more influential
- The Women4Climate ADDIS ABABA Mentoring program is intended for women living in ADDIS ABABA
- All participants in the Women4Climate ADDIS ABABA Mentoring Program will be expected to attend regular meetings and events in Addis Ababa
- The Women4Climate initiative seeks to encourage diversity, and C40 will welcome applications from women from different backgrounds. Amongst the type of profiles C40 expects to apply are below, but the judging panel will consider applications from any walk of life:
- Researchers and scholars whose projects will revolutionize future lifestyles and help drastically reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Startup entrepreneurs developing civic / green / urban tech projects in the climate area
- Volunteers and NGO activists working to tackle climate change by engaging citizens in their cities or districts
- City officials and public sector professionals involved in local climate policies and local projects
- Business professionals involved in developing climate change solutions
- Citizens who wish to mobilize communities for climate in their cities or districts
The applications selection is based on two categories:
- Applicants with remarkable potential to be an influential future leader in climate change
- Applicants with a proven track record of impact in tackling climate change in cities and/or bold visions for future work that will have a major impact on climate change in cities
For more information, visit Women4Climate Mentorship Program.