International Compost Awareness Week (ICAW) Poster Contest 2020
Deadline: November 1, 2019
The International Compost Awareness Week Committee invites you to get involved in ICAW 2020. They are looking for anyone interested in participating in the 18th Annual Poster Contest. The winning poster will be used to promote International Compost Awareness Week, May 3-9, 2020. There are 3 contest divisions: grades 3-7, grades 8-12, and college – adult.
This year’s theme is based on the idea that Soil Loves Compost because compost feeds soil! Soil is alive and needs nourishment to be healthy. With healthy soil you grow healthy plants. Soil Loves Compost because it provides food and nutrients for living microbes that make up healthy soil. Without compost we would have few ways to enrich and restore soil. Compost keeps soil strong and healthy by reusing and recycling organic materials in a “zero waste” cycle. Compost keeps our soil happy and it keeps our planet healthy. Soil Loves Compost!
- The successful poster winner will receive a $500 prize
- The winning poster will serve as the promotional piece to share in the United States the 2020 International Compost Awareness Week theme
- Open to anyone who wishes to share their artistic creativity to promote this year’s theme;
- Applicants should be from 10 years old to adult from anywhere in the world.
- Only one entry per person
- Size is no more than 12” wide X 18” vertical (this is in inches)
- Resolution is 300 dpi in jpg format
- Poster contains the theme title, Soil Loves Compost
- Poster contains the words International Compost Awareness Week, May 3 – 9, 2020
- Do not add additional words to your poster. Only the theme title and International Compost Awareness Week, May 3 – 9, 2020 are allowed. Any changes to those words or additions will automatically eliminate your entry.
- If you have a photograph as part of your poster, please confirm that either you took the photo or you have obtained legal rights to use the photo.
The competition will be judged on the following criteria (40 points maximum):
- Marketability of poster to multiple audiences – 10 points.
- Creative and original artwork and idea – 10 points.
- Attractiveness in terms of design and neatness of layout – 10 points.
- Overall Impact, all graphics are related to the topic and make it easier to understand the poster theme – 10 points.
For more information, visit ICAW.