Alliance Française de Nairobi Smartphone Film Competition 2019 (Up to KShs 100,000 cash prize)
Deadline: September 29, 2019
The Alliance Française de Nairobi is inviting submissions for the Alliance Française de Nairobi Smartphone Film Competition 2019 with the theme ‘Tukiwa 2030’ / ‘Us in 2030’ / ‘Nous en 2030’.
The competition is open to all with the main objective of giving the Kenyan youth an opportunity to showcase their creativity and practice, especially the growing number of students of film, media and communication. The idea behind the competition is to push the boundaries of experimentation and imagination using minimal technical and financial input, and to recognize and award talented youth.
The winners will receive:
- 1st Prize: KShs 100,000/-
- 2nd Prize: KShs 50,000/-
- People’s Choice: 25,000/-
- Open to all persons above 18, resident in Kenya;
- Films can be in English, French, Kiswahili or a mixture of these languages
- Only one film per entrant will be accepted
- All films must be shot using smartphones
- Films cannot exceed minutes including credits
- All genres are accepted
- Entries must be based on the theme ‘Tukiwa 2030’ / ‘Us in 2030’ / ‘Nous en 2030’
- Films can only be in any of the following format: MP4, AVI, WMV
Entries will be evaluated based on Storytelling, relevannce to subject, cinematography, film editing, sound and music.
Films can be submitted on USB drive or electronically by Wetransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit Alliance Francaise Kenya.