500 Women Scientists Fellowship for the Future 2019 for Women of Colour in STEM
Deadline: October 1, 2019
Applications for the 500 Women Scientists Fellowship for the Future are now open. The Fellowship for the Future is a two-year leadership award program for women of color in STEM leading research or outreach projects in line with the 500 Women Scientists mission and focused on increasing equity, inclusion, accessibility, or social justice in STEM.
During their fellowship, fellows will carry out a proposed project and receive financial and logistical support from the 500 Women Scientists leadership team. 500 Women Scientists hopes that by providing these extra resources and community connections, they can help expand the scope and impact of amazing work led by women of color in STEM.
An important goal of the fellowship is to increase diversity and inclusion in STEM leadership, particularly among underrepresented communities of color and they encourage women of color from backgrounds historically underrepresented and/or marginalized in leadership positions in their STEM discipline to apply.
As part of the Fellowship, fellows will receive:
- A $5,000 honorarium
- $1,000/yr in supplementary project funds
- Support and mentorship from the 500 Women Scientists leadership team and advisory board
- Travel funds to attend two in-person 500 Women Scientists leadership board meetings
- Travel funds to attend two in-person professional development trainings
Fellows are invited to:
- Join the 500 Women Scientists leadership team
- Attend the Fellowship for the Future award ceremony
- Participate in virtual mentorship calls and project discussions
- Attend two in-person 500 Women Scientists leadership meetings and professional development trainings
- Provide mentorship to the next cohort of fellows
- Women of color who have completed, or are currently enrolled in, a STEM degree program at any level are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should be U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents, or if in another authorized status, should be residing in the U.S. or a U.S. territory currently and during the fellowship term.
Applicants should propose research or outreach projects that align with the mission of 500 Women Scientists and are focused on increasing equity, inclusion, and social justice in STEM. Proposed projects can be: a) an expansion of an applicant’s ongoing/existing work, b) an expansion of existing 500 Women Scientists programs, or c) a creation of a new project/program.
For more information, visit 500 Women Scientists.