Tesco Future Farmer Foundation Programme 2020 for Youth in UK/Ireland
Deadline: September 29, 2019
Applications are open for the Tesco Future Farmer Foundation Programme 2020. The programme has been shaped from the very start by asking young farmers what they need to build their careers. It is designed to help farmers build their business skills, to learn more about today’s fast moving supply chains and to find out from industry experts what they need to know to be successful.
Over 12 months, the programme offers a mix of activity designed to give your farming career a kick start. There is plenty of support to help you make the most of what is on offer and to tailor activity to your specific needs. One of the great things about the programme are the people you meet who help and support one another along the way.
A remarkably diverse range of activities are organised to develop personal skills and industry knowledge. Over twelve months, your diary will be packed with events, all designed to broaden your horizons and help shape your future.
Four key elements make up the programme:
- Workshops: Leading experts will help you get to grips with the financial, business and life skills you need to succeed
- Supply Chain: Visit leading food and farming businesses to build knowledge of supply chains
- Training: Need to polish up your skills – tap into the dedicated training fund
- Mentor: There’s nothing to beat experience: they will find someone to guide you
- Applicants must be aged 20-35 years old on January 1, 2020
- Be resident in the UK or Ireland
- Not in full time education during the programme period
- Involved in farming, aquaculture and/or food
- Able to participate fully in the programme – allow for a commitment of approximately 2 days per month on average (although this is flexible to allow for busy times in the farming year)
The form asks a series of basic questions about yourself, followed by five open-ended questions. Answers to these questions are limited to 250 words, and you must answer all of them. These questions might be along the lines of:
- Please give a brief summary of your farming experience
- Describe your greatest achievements in agriculture/aquaculture or elsewhere in your life so far
- What are your farming goals for the – short, medium and long term?
- Why do you want to join the Future Farmer Foundation?
- What qualities do you have that will allow you to get the most out of the programme?
- How you will ensure you can commit to the programme?
For more information, visit Tesco Future Farmer Foundation.