University of Oxford Oppenheimer Fund Academic Exchanges 2019/2020
Deadline: October 31, 2019
Applications are invited for the University of Oxford Oppenheimer Fund Academic Exchanges 2019/2020. The Exchange Fund is for senior members of the Oxford University who wish either to visit one or more universities in South Africa or to senior members of South African universities who wish to visit Oxford.
Applications for one month visits will be considered, but applications for visits of over one month where a source of co-funding or additional funding has already been secured or identified will be prioritised.
- Grants may be awarded up to the cost of a return flight (up to £850) and one month of living expenses (£1200 for visits to South Africa or £1600 for those to Oxford).
- Open to senior members of the Oxford University and to senior members of South African universities;
- Applications for new collaborative projects between Oxford and South Africa are particularly encouraged;
- Exchange applications from graduate students or for the sole purpose of attending a conference (or similar short event) will not normally be considered.
Applications for grants from the Fund should include:
- A statement of the purpose of the proposed visit. This should give an outline of the research to be carried out during the visit and expected goals; these should be summarised in terms accessible to a layperson. The statement should also include details on how the visit will build links between Oxford and South Africa;
- Duration and estimated costs, including details of any other available sources of funding;
- A short curriculum vitae;
- A letter of support from the institution you will be visiting.
For visitors to Oxford, your host should also confirm in the letter that they will assist in arranging suitable affiliation to a college/department and access to any necessary research materials. The host should also assist in finding you accommodation in Oxford. Applications should be sent as a single PDF document containing all elements requested.
Applications and enquiries about the Fund should be sent to: Kim Ooi, Student Fees and Funding, 3rd Floor, 4 Worcester Street, Oxford, OX1 2BX; [email protected]
For more information, visit Oppenheimer Fund Academic Exchanges.