UNFPA Ghana Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program 2019/2020 for Ghanaians
Deadline: September 23, 2019
Do you have the drive to lead change, and want to develop your skillsets to do so? Do you want to advocate for the SRH rights of young people in Ghana? Apply for the UNFPA Ghana Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program 2019.
The YoLe Fellowship is a yearlong program (November 1, 2019 to October 28, 2020) designed to integrate young people into the UN system by empowering them on UNFPA’s areas of interest, while providing the Fellows with opportunities for professional development and training in driving health-innovation.
In line with the United Nations’ Youth Strategy which calls on all UN agencies to “increase impact and expand global, regional and country-level action to address the needs, build the agency, and advance the rights of young people in all their diversity”, UNFPA Ghana launched the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program. The YoLe Fellowship Program is also aligned to the priority areas of the 2010 Ghana National Youth Policy, which include skills training in ICT, gender mainstreaming, networking and partnership, mentoring and reproductive health and rights for young people.
- Be a graduate of a Ghanaian tertiary institution between the ages of 18 and 26
- Demonstrate interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate
- Commit one year to being a UNFPA Youth Leaders Fellow
- Be proactive and possess strong inter-personal skills
- Possess a working knowledge of English—an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English.
Selection will be based on demonstrated activism or interest in the advancement of the rights of youth, a desire to network with others, and a clear explanation of how the fellowship will benefit their own efforts for advancing human rights as defined by UNFPA’s mandate.
Interested applicants should submit:
- A statement, not more than one page, explaining their professional goals and ambitions
All application materials should be sent to email@example.com no later than 23rd September, 2019. Ensure to use the subject line: UNFPA/YLFP/20I9
For more information, visit UNFPA Ghana.