Deadline: September 20, 2019
Applications for the British Council Ghana Enhancing Employability of Urban Youth Programme 2019 are open. The Enhancing Employability of Urban Youth programme aims to enable young women and men in urban areas to acquire skills and experiences that are relevant to them having jobs either as seekers or creators of jobs.
The project is in three stages
- Stage 1: 1000 Successful applicants will receive a 10-day social entrepreneurship training
- Stage 2: 200 social enterprise start-ups who have successfully completed stage 1 and have been selected through a pitch competition will receive 2 months business Incubation services
- Stage 3: 20 successful social entrepreneurs who have completed stage 2 and have been selected through a pitch competition will receive 2 months business acceleration services
- Applicants must be aged between 18 – 35 years
- Must be Ghanaian
- Entrepreneurial edge: Must be self-driven, resilient, committed and coachable
- Must be committed to the programme and its duration of 6 months
Applications would require
- Personal statement – maximum 500 words covering the following:
- What do you understand by the term ‘Social Enterprise’?
- Why you want to be a social entrepreneur?
- Why you think your business idea/ business will be successful?
- How does your social enterprise/ social enterprise idea aim to enhance employability in your society?
- A copy of a valid ID
Applications will be examined in accordance with the applicable criteria as stipulated in the criteria for participation. Correspondence will only be made with shortlisted persons. Successful applicants will be invited to an interview in Accra after a week of the closing date.
For more information, visit British Council Ghana.