McKinsey & Company Business Analyst Internship 2019/2020
Applications for the McKinsey & Company Business Analyst Internship 2019 are now open. The Business Analyst (BA) Interns joins the McKinsey & Company’s offices and practices (e.g. Digital McKinsey, Operations) around the world for approximately 10 weeks, usually in the summer, to work in teams and directly with their clients.
When you join McKinsey as a Business Analyst Intern, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest in your professional development. In this role you will work on the best teams to help the best organizations in the world – in private, public, and social sectors – solve their most difficult problems. You will also work with many experts, from data scientists and researchers to software and app designers.
You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of the client engagement. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
You’ll gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Business Analysts Interns receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes introductory training as well as a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide you throughout your internship.
- Applicants should be in their junior year of an undergraduate degree;
- Expected graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021;
- Or in their senior year and planning to enter a 1-year masters program;
- Or currently completing their first year in a non-business, 2-year masters program and have less than 2 years of work experience;
- Or are in their first year of a two year commitment with Teach for America and have 3 years or fewer of work experience to date;
- Strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth;
- Demonstrated outstanding academic performance and an aptitude for analytics;
- Strong record of initiative-taking and leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities;
- Resourceful, intellectually curious, empathetic, poised, high energy and mature;
- Genuine interest in business and find problem solving exhilarating;
- Enjoy working in teams;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
For more information, visit McKinsey & Company Internship.