Nobrow Short Story Competition 2019 for Writers (Prize of £2000)
Deadline: December 9, 2019
Applications are open for the Nobrow Short Story Competition 2019 for Writers. Up to twelve winning entries will be published in Nobrow’s short story anthology, and this beautifully illustrated book will celebrate the best short fiction and non-fiction writing.
The theme is ‘The Censor’. You can interpret this in any way you wish – it could represent censoring of the past, present and future; the self; the state; or the effects of censorship on everyday life. As a provocation Nobrow hopes the theme can provide a rich vein of storytelling inspiration for anyone wishing to take part in the competition. They are looking for inclusive, surprising, ingenious and diverse responses that capture their minds and hold them until every word is devoured.
- An overall winner will receive £2000.
- All selected contributors will receive £150 and two complimentary copies of the book, and will be invited to attend events including a launch and readings.
- Open to writers around the world;
- A submission is defined as a short story of up to 3,000 words or a creative non-fiction piece of up to 3,000 words. No illustrations will be accepted;
- Your entry should have page numbers, and be double spaced in 12-point text. Submissions are read anonymously, so please do not include your name or any other identifying details anywhere in the file.
- All entrants must have read the terms and conditions as outlined in the The Censor T&Cs document.
Submissions should be sent via email attachment to [email protected] The subject line of your email must contain “Nobrow Short Story Competition”. The attachment must be a Word document or PDF. Please ensure the title of the Word document or PDF is the official title of your submission.
For more information, visit Nobrow Short Story Competition.