V4 Fall School on Media Training 2019 for Young Media Makers in Slovakia (Funded)
Deadline: October 2, 2019
What kind of stories and perspectives on climate change and fake news are you missing in Visegrad media today? Are you enthusiastic young media maker (student, recent graduate or young professional), interested in media literacy who wants to acquire new qualified competences? Apply for the V4 Fall School on Media Training 2019. The training will take place from November 9-13, 2019 in the Nitra Region, Slovakia.
V4 Fall School on Media is a training course that aims at raising professional competences of young media makers as well as introducing them to current trends in the field of media. Over the course of the training, you will experience three days of media workshops and produce a media story that lifts new perspectives on the selected topics. It could be in the form of written text, photos, video, podd, social media etc – you decide! Materials produced will be published online as open educational resources.
- Get practical skills to be able to report for traditional, digital, and social media in a balanced and fair way;
- Participate also in practical workshops such as TV, photography, social media and newspaper.
- Get knowledge of theoretical framework (concepts) of the media literacy and fake news
- Work and network in a non-formal way in the multicultural environment
- Produce a report on the topic of the training through their medium of choice
- Accommodation, food and all materials to be used are fully covered by Visegrad Fund and are taken care of by the European Dialogue.
- Furthermore, all travel costs for participants from Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland will be reimbursed up to a total sum of 50 EURO. It’s important that you keep all of your receipts – otherwise they can’t reimburse you.
- Open to young media makers (student or recent graduate), representatives of non-governmental organisations focused on media, people interested in media literacy, critical thinking, and media analysis;
- Between 18-30 years old
- Citizens or legal residents of Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland.
- Proficient in English.
In the application form, you will pitch a story that you want to focus on during the training and information about your previous experiences, interests and why you want to be part of the training.
For more information, visit V4 Fall School on Media Training.