UNESCO Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: October 3, 2019
Applications are open for the UNESCO Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2019. The Forum aims to engage and empower youth in the Arab States region in their critical roles as global citizens towards peacebuilding, through the protection, preservation and promotion of World Heritage.
The Forum will enhance the participants’ understanding of the World Heritage Convention; enable them to exchange on the challenges faced in Arab States in relation to heritage; and discuss how culture can be leveraged to contribute to a future of peace for the region. In addition to building a peer network of like-minded individuals committed to this common goal, the young professionals will be encouraged to create an action plan and design projects/activities towards local communities, by applying the knowledge and skills acquired during the Forum.
The Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum will take place from 2 to 6 December 2019 in Tunis, Tunisia, and will gather up to 38 participants from the Arab States region.
- All expenses related to the participation in the Forum will be covered (including transportation – economy class, meals and accommodation for the duration of the Forum).
Participants are expected to:
- Have relevant experience in the field of World Heritage; and be working on protection, preservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities;
- Be working in and/or demonstrate interest in the promotion of peace;
- Be citizens of one of the 19 countries in the Arab States region;
- Be between 23 and 32 years of age on the date of application;
- Be fluent in English;
- Be motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries;
- Be available for the entire duration of the Forum.
Note: Presenting project proposals and ideas related to World Heritage that promote peacebuilding, while applying, will be considered an additional asset.
Please note that candidates are also requested to attach their CVs, along with the application form.
For more information, visit UNESCO Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum.