YALI RLC Dakar Power Africa Leadership Training 2020 for Young Women in the Energy Sector in Africa (Funded)
Deadline: October 21, 2019
Are you a young woman working or involved in the African energy ecosystem? Do you want to improve your career and take off? Are you ready to develop your leadership skills, strengthen your professional networks, capture new opportunities and demonstrate your desire to take on a greater role as a leader in this field? Then apply to the Power Africa program of the Regional Leadership Center YALI Dakar to receive vocational training targeting young women leaders in the energy sector.
Power Africa is a US Government initiative led by USAID that aims to double access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa by 2030. This year, Power Africa joins the Regional YALI Leadership Center Dakar in the framework of the professional training program for a new generation of women leaders in the energy sector. The training will focus on core leadership skills as well as entrepreneurship and public management in the energy sector. The training will hold from January 20 – February 14, 2020.
- There is no registration fee for training once you are selected. If you are selected, the YALI DAKAR Regional Leadership Center will take care of your plane ticket, accommodation and catering.
- Applicant must be a woman aged 18 to 35 on the dates scheduled for the session;
- Be able to express themselves in French;
- Have experience in the energy sector;
- Work in the energy sector in Africa or carry a project in the field;
- Demonstrate a commitment to making a positive impact on their community, their country and the African continent;
- Have the capacity to fully and seriously commit to a residential training program in Dakar (Senegal) for four (4) weeks;
- Resident and national of one of the following 25 African countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central Africa, Comoros, Cote D’ivoire, Djibouti, Gabon, Republic of Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Equitorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Democratic republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Chad and Togo;
- Have a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months (compared to the training period) if you are a national of one of the 16 following countries: Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central Africa, Comoros, Djibouti, Gabon, Equitorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Niger, Democratic republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, and Chad;
- Have a passport or a piece of ID readable with a validity of 6 months minimum (compared to the training period) if you are a national of one of the following 9 countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote D’ivoire, Republic of Guniea, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Senegal and Togo.
If you have any questions or are having trouble submitting your application, please contact [email protected]
For more information, visit YALI Training.