Culture Resource Production Awards 2020 for Artists and Writers from the Arab region
Deadline: October 24, 2019
Applications for the Culture Resource Production Awards Program 2019 are open. The program supports artists and writers from the Arab region by offering grants to enable them to produce their first creative projects. The program helps give young people the opportunity to create original works and develop new forms of artistic expression.
Since it was first launched in 2004, the Production Awards program has provided around 300 grants to artistic innovators in the Arab region. The Production Awards program aims to support and encourage the artistic and literary productivity and creativity of a new generation of young artists and writers from the Arab region.
Grants are available for the following disciplines:
- Performing arts: The development and production of theatrical, dance and other performance arts productions.
- Visual arts: The production and organization of visual art, installation art, video art and art book exhibitions.
- Literature: The creation and publication of novels, short stories and poetry anthologies.
- Music: The creation and audio and audiovisual recording of vocal and instrumental musical works.
- Cinema/video: The production of short, medium-length and feature-length fictional, documentary, animated and experimental films and video works.
- Grants of up to $10,000 are available for projects in literature, music, performing arts and visual arts and of up to $15,000 for projects in cinema and video.
- Applicants must be between 15 and 35 years old as of 1 January 2018. Applications submitted by individuals not in this age bracket will be discarded.
- Applicants must be from an Arab country, regardless of ethnic background, citizenship status or whether they reside in the Arab region or abroad.
- Application is open to artists of all disciplines: Performance arts, visual arts, literature, music, cinema/video, etc.
- Read the application guidelines carefully before completing the application form.
- The application must be completed entirely in Arabic, apart from the blanks that require English.
- Include all necessary supporting documents (see the guidelines) with the application form.
For more information, visit Culture Resource Production Awards.