APCEIU/SEAQIL Global Citizenship Education Storytelling Contest 2019
Deadline: October 31, 2019
Applications are open for the Global Citizenship Education Storytelling Contest 2019. Acknowledging the value of storytelling to foster global citizenship, Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) and SEAMEO QITEP in Langugae (SEAQIL) are co-organizing “the Global Citizen Education Storytelling Contest” with the theme “Stories of Global Citizens in My Neighborhood”.
They aim to collect and disseminate GCED-related stories to promote the value and necessity of GCED and provide teachers with the opportunities to develop their capacity to foster global citizenship through storytelling.
- Prize Money for the Winners
- USD $1,000/story for 3 in-service teachers
- USD $700/story by 3 students of teacher-training institutions
- Publication Opportunities: The selected stories will be
- Uploaded on the organizers’ websites and published in their magazines such as APCEIU’s SangSaeng
- Used in various publications and workshops (as reference materials) of SEAMEO QITEP in Language and APCEIU
- Open to in-service and pre-service teachers of SEAMEO Member Countries (teachers in formal, non-formal and informal educational institutions and pre-service teachers (students of teacher-training institutions)).
- SEAMEO Member Countries are Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste and Vietnam.
- Download and read carefully the Concept Note
- Download and fill-in the Application Form
- Submit your completed application form and your story to email@example.com
For more information, visit GCED Storytelling Contest.