Getty Images Creative Grant – Disability Stories 2019 (up to $40,000)
Deadline: November 1, 2019
Applications for the Getty Images Creative Grant – Disability Stories 2019 are now open. This grant, now in its second year, exists to provide emerging commercial talent with the financial freedom to explore their own projects of personal and creative significance – projects and productions that without funding, may otherwise never get off the ground.
In conjunction with Verizon Media, they will award $40,000 in total, shared by five recipients, as part of the fall 2019 Creative Bursary. Dedicated toward elevating the work of still photographers using their talents to create inclusive visual stories depicting life with disability, Disability Stories, is open to all photographers who have been shooting for less than five years.
- One First Place Award: $15,000
- One Second Place Award: $10,000
- Three Third Place Awards: $5,000 each
- Additionally, the successful recipients are invited to license their award-winning content through GettyImages.com, at a 100% royalty rate for imagery created within their proposed project. You will also receive guidance and mentorship from one of Getty Images’ award-winning Art Directors, as well as a feature on their Creative Insights website, in addition to promotion on their relevant social channels. Please note, this additional support is not a requirement of the Creative Bursary and choosing to take advantage of this opportunity is at your discretion.
- Open to all photographers who have been shooting for less than five years
- Links to existing portfolio of work online;
- A 200-500-word summary of the project proposal describing your approach and include an inspirational mood board;
- Complete all the required fields indicated on the application;
- The proposals must be in English;
- All submissions must be digital. Prints, books, slides or transparencies or other such materials will not be reviewed by judges nor returned to applicant.
For more information, visit Getty Images.