UBA Foundation’s National Essay Competition 2019 for Nigerian students (Win N2,000,000 prize)
Deadline: November 4, 2019
UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, is pleased to announce the 2019 edition of its annual National Essay Competition in Nigeria.
Now in its 9th year, the essay competition, targeted at senior secondary school students in Nigeria is organised annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
Essay Topic: “What do you think the government should do to control fraud in Nigeria?”
- First prize: N2,000,000 educational grant
- Second prize: N1,500,000 educational grant
- Third prize: N1,000,000 educational grant
- Open to Senior Secondary School students in Nigeria;
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or photocopies of international passport data page;
- Applicants should send in handwritten essay entries of not more than 750 words on the competition topic;
- Applicants must submit their complete contact information (School name and address, residential address, phone number and email address);
- The educational grant in only applicable to students who intend to study in an African University.
Entries received from students for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 best essays for further assessment. Following this, a second round of the competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition.
Applicants are to send their entries to
UBA House, 57 Marina,
For more information, visit UBA Essay.