Discovery Finance Internship – Spring 2020 for Students in the US (Paid position)
Deadline: November 15, 2019
Applications for the Discovery Finance Internship – Spring 2020 are now open. Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an Internship at Discovery. Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Discovery Interns are explorers; they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Accounting and Finance are integral parts to Discovery. Interns will be exposed to the inner workings of how a publicly traded, Fortune 500 company operates. This spring, they have opportunities in the Revenue Accounting team, their Ad Sales Finance team, their Content Accounting team, the Accounts Payable team and more!
As an Accounting or Finance Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
- Learn Ledger closing and reporting, SOX compliance, and SEC filing
- Participate in larger macro and micro economic analysis of factors that drive business
- Exposure to internal audit testing & documentation
- Some intern positions may provide exposure to external financial reporting and internal control reporting
- Assist in reconciliation of several general ledger accounts
- Set-up projects to accumulate costs and ultimately capitalize show costs for various Discovery programs
The Discovery internships are paid opportunities. The internship also offers:
- Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
- Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
- Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
- Networking opportunities with great snacks
- A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Please note this position is located in NEW YORK CITY. If selected for an opportunity, interns are responsible for securing their own housing.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
- Must be a current Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.