Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2020 for Students and Recent graduates ($350,000 in Prizes)
Deadline: January 17, 2020
Do you have an innovative technology solution that could solve the world’s most pressing social and environmental problems? Apply for the Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2020.
The fourth annual Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge aims to recognize new business ideas that leverage technology for social impact from student entrepreneurs around the world. The Challenge is open to students and recent alumni from any college or university. The prize money will help accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technology, products, and services that drive economic development and/or solve social or environmental problems.
- $100,000 USD Grand Prize: A single team will be designated the grand prize winner.
- $75,000 USD First Runner Up: A single team will be designated first runner up.
- $25,000 USD Second Runners Up: Three teams will be designated the Second Runners Up and will receive $25,000 USD each.
- $10,000 USD Third Runners Up: Four teams will be designated the Third Runners Up and will receive $10,000 USD each.
- $10,000 USD People’s Choice: The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the People’s Choice Award.
India Impact Prizes
- $25,000 USD India Impact Grand Prize: A single team will be designated the India Impact grand prize winner
- $10,000 USD India Impact Runners Up: Two teams will be designated Runners Up and will receive $10,000 USD each
- $5,000 India Impact People’s Choice Award: The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the People’s Choice Award
In addition to a cash infusion to develop your solution, it will be reviewed by Cisco technology experts and high-profile judges. You’ll receive peer and industry validation for your solution, as well as have a great opportunity for global recognition and publicity.
- For participants to be eligible, at least half of the team’s members must be students currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or have received a degree after March 1, 2018.
- If entering as a business entity, at least 25% of the business must be owned by individuals that meet the above qualifications. Individual students and recent grads may also apply.
- Eligible solutions (technologies, products or services) must:
- Incorporate Internet of Things (IoT) or digital technologies as part of the solution
- Have a positive social, environmental or economic impact (e.g. health, education, accessibility, critical human needs (food, water, disaster response/recovery, safety, etc.).
For more information, visit Cisco.