Applications are open for the Facebook Security Engineer Internship Program 2020. Facebook’s security team is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Engineer Intern. With over a billion people using Facebook and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career here offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
The Security team at Facebook protects the security and privacy of over a billion people, is responsible for monitoring internal tools and external threats against the company systems and infrastructure, and designs scalable security solutions. They make life hard for the bad guys. The eCrime team within Facebook Security investigates the most egregious and complex attacks and abuse of Facebook user, sites and employees. The team is looking for an intern with a passion for the investigation and analysis of cybercrime. This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and will begin in Summer 2020.
- Support investigations into Facebook and Instagram accounts to identify sources of abusive behavior
- Summarize and present information from investigations and reports to internal teams
- Help to build and chart networks to stop abuse
- Gather, synthesize and analyze relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team and mitigate future risk
- Address sensitive content issues, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material
- Applicant should have knowledge of Python, Haskell, or Bash, etc.
- Interest in online investigations and cybersecurity
- Experience with analytical tools, internet based research tools, and relational databases
- Interest in performing complex link analysis based on technical artifacts, and conducting thorough online investigations
- Passionate about the subject of criminology on the Internet
- Ability and inclination to protect highly confidential information and users’ privacy
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Foreign language skills preferred but not required
- Intent to return to full-time degree program after completion of the internship
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Security, or relevant fields
For more information, visit Facebook Security Engineer Internship.