Lucas Dolega Award 2020 for Professional Photographers (10,000 Euros prize)
Deadline: November 24, 2019
Applications are invited for the Lucas Dolega Award 2020. The Award is intended for freelance professional photographers. It aims to support and accompany photographers with important stories elaborated under risky conditions in order to ensure communication of free and independent information to the public.
The Award aims at rewarding a photographer who, through his or her personal commitment, involvement in the field, as well as the quality of his or her work, will have been able to testify to his or her attachment to the freedom of information. Participants will have to present a report on the coverage of any event relevant to the defense of freedom and democratic ideal, a conflict (civil or military wars, riots, attacks or public demonstrations…), a revolution, a natural, ecological or sanitary disaster, and/or their consequences on civil populations.
- The Lucas Dolega Award will reward a photographer with a endowment by La Saif of 10,000 Euros, an exhibition in Paris, and a publication in the Reporters without borders album.
- Open exclusively to professional freelance photographers of all nationalities, without age restrictions.
- Each Participant is allowed to submit several photographic reports up to three reportages. There should be one participation file (the Entry) per reportage.
- Each photo reportage will have to be completed between November 1, 2018 and November 24, 2019.
Entries have to be sent via Internet and the following elements are mandatory:
- A selection of 10 to 20 numbered pictures following the order of the story (01_name.jpg, 02_name.jpg…), in .jpg, 300 DPI (max 3Mb per photo), including basic IPTC informations:
- Caption (who, what, where, when, why)
- Name of photographer
- The completed entry form signed by the participant.
- The executed copy of the present terms and conditions
- A text in either French or English that introduces the reportage (300 words max)
- A biography (300 words max)
- A portrait (jpg)
Download the participation form