TRACE Prize for Investigative Reporting 2020: Uncovering Commercial Bribery (Cash prize of US$10,000)
Deadline: January 31, 2020
Applications for the TRACE Prize for Investigative Reporting 2020 are now open. The TRACE Prize for Investigative Reporting recognizes journalism that uncovers business-related bribery and financial crime with the goal of increasing commercial transparency and good governance.
TRACE is a globally recognized anti-bribery business organization and leading provider of cost-effective third party risk management solutions. Members and clients include hundreds of multinational companies headquartered worldwide. TRACE is comprised of two distinct entities – TRACE International and TRACE Incorporated – that share a common mission to advance commercial transparency worldwide.
- Two winning entries will each receive a cash prize of US$10,000. Reporter(s) will be invited to an award ceremony hosted by TRACE.
- The judges may also name up to two honorable mentions, who will each receive US$1,000.
- Nominees may be print, broadcast or online reporters from any country who have investigated commercial bribery schemes, business activities that create serious conflicts of interest or similar commercial misconduct.
- Team entries and multiple submissions per author are permitted.
- Book-length entries are not accepted.
Please submit completed entries to goconnell@TRACEinternational.org by 31 January 2020.
- Entries must involve business-related bribery or financial crime.
- You may submit your own work, or you may nominate the work of someone else. If you nominate another’s work, please obtain their permission to do so.
- Entries must have appeared in print, online or broadcast media during 2019. Any entry not originally written/produced in English must be accompanied by a translation.
- If an entry only appeared in print, please include a scan. If a scan produces an unclear result, please also include a transcript (Word document or PDF) of the article.
- If an entry is broadcast journalism (TV, radio, online video) please send a link or file.
For more information, visit TRACE Prize.