Amnesty International Change StARTs NOW: Artivism Contest 2019
Deadline: November 21, 2019
Applications are invited for the Amnesty International Change StARTs NOW: Artivism Contest 2019. From Guerrilla Girls to Ai Weiwei, art can be a powerful medium to change the world – or at least we think it’s a great start! If you’re a creative young artist (amateur, aspiring, professional) with a passion for human rights, then this challenge is for you! Create and submit a piece of your artwork to Amnesty’s ARTivism Contest 2019.
You can participate with any form of audiovisual work from illustration, lettering, paint or spoken word, rap, you name it! Your inspiration should come from one of 10 youth cases and the human rights issues that they currently face. This competition will have 2 age categories: 12-18 and 19-29.
- A spot on one of Amnesty International’s human rights bus tours in South America
- Wacom tablets/Adobe Licences/DSLR cameras, the development of merchandise such as prints, posters, stickers, T-shirts
- Features in ART Galleries and museums in December to mark Human Rights Day!
- You must be between 12 and 29 years old to participate in this contest.
- You must be based in a country on the continent of America (this includes both North, Central, and South America and the Caribbean).
- If you are under the age of 18, you must have a parent’s or tutor’s consent to submit your artwork.
To apply, follow Amnesty International on social media and post your original artwork on the social media platforms using #W4RsARTivism19. Don’t forget to tag them and while you’re at it let them know what inspired you in the first place.
For more information, visit Amnesty International.