International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) Kim Wall Memorial Fund 2020 ($5,000 grant)
Deadline: December 16, 2019
Applications are open for the International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) Kim Wall Memorial Fund 2020. This year, the Kim Wall Memorial Fund will provide a $5,000 grant to a journalist whose work embodies the spirit of Kim’s reporting.
The grant will fund a woman reporter covering subculture, broadly defined, and what Kim liked to call “the undercurrents of rebellion.” Kim wanted more women to be out in the world, brushing up against life, and the Kim Wall Memorial Fund honors this legacy.
- One selected journalist will receive a $5,000 grant
- Grants will be awarded to cover reporting-related costs including travel (flights, ground transportation, drivers), logistics, insurance, visa fees, and payment for fixers/translators.
- Open to affiliated or freelance women-identifying or non-binary journalists with three (3) or more years of professional experience working in news media from anywhere in the world. Internships do not count toward professional experience.
- Non-native English speakers must have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
- Applicant must be able to show proof of interest from an editor or have a proven track record of publication in prominent media outlets.
For more information, visit IWMF.