U.S. Department of State Community College Initiative Program 2020-2021 (Funded)
Deadline: December 6, 2019
Applications for the U.S. Department of State Community College Initiative Program 2020-2021 are now open. The Community College Initiative Program (CCI) provides scholarships to spend up to one academic year at U.S community colleges.
Participants build technical skills and may earn certificates in their fields of study. Through professional internships, service learning, and community engagement activities, participants strengthen English language proficiency and immerse themselves in the culture and day-to-day life of the United States.
CCI Program participants are recruited from historically underrepresented and underserved communities. After completing the program, participants return home with new skills and expertise to help them contribute to the economic growth and development of their country.
All applicants must:
- Be 18 years old at the start of the program
- Have a diploma from a secondary school
- Possess a basic knowledge of English
- Desire to build professional and leadership skills to contribute to the development of their home communities
- Be able to begin the academic exchange program in the United States in July 2020
- Meet country-specific requirements
Participants study in one of the following eligible fields: agriculture, applied engineering, business management and administration, early childhood education, information technology, media, public safety, and tourism and hospitality management.
To apply, e-mail [email protected] for all inquiries, including the link to application documents.
For more information, visit Community College Initiative.