German-Italian Young Leaders Dialogue – Spinelli Forum 2020 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: December 15, 2019
Applications are open for the German-Italian Young Leaders Dialogue – Spinelli Forum 2020. The Program offers a future generation of Italian and German leaders in the fields of politics, business, academia, civil society, media, and culture the opportunity to discuss the challenges faced by the German-Italian partnership as it shapes the future of the European Union (EU).
They are looking for young Italian and German candidates who would like to take part in the first edition of this dialogue format, which will take place in Berlin on March 5–6, 2020. Participants will have the unique opportunity to discuss relevant issues concerning the future of the EU and relations between the two countries in a stimulating environment, as well as to become the first members of a lasting network of young German and Italian leaders.
The German-Italian Young Leaders Dialogue – Spinelli Forum is a joint initiative of the German Federal Foreign Office and the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in partnership with the German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) and the Italian Institute for International Political Studies (ISPI).
- Travel expenses and accommodation will be covered by the organizers.
- Open to young German and Italian leaders and high potential candidates from the fields of politics, business, academia, civil society, the social sector, media, and culture with a strong interest in European cooperation.
- Applicants should be aged between 25 and 37 years
- Have a first university degree (BA or MA) or equivalent vocational qualification
- Strong interest/expertise in European cooperation, particularly in the fields of foreign policy, economics or social and climate policy
- Excellent command of English (working language will be English)
Applications will only be accepted via the online form and should include the following information:
- A completed application form
- A letter of motivation answering both of the following questions (300 words each):
- Why do you wish to take part in the German-Italian Young Leaders Dialogue – Spinelli Forum?
- Choose one of the four workshops in which you intend to participate (see below) and describe what the EU should prioritize in this field and how your country could contribute to this end:
- Common European Foreign and Security Policy
- Economic Sovereignty
- A Social and Prosperous Europe
- A European Green Deal
- A CV (max. two pages, including information on the applicant’s education and relevant work experience)
For more information, visit German-Italian Young Leaders Dialogue.