9th Ecofalante Film Exhibition Latin American Competition 2020
Deadline: January 15, 2020
Entries are invited for the 9th Ecofalante Film Exhibition Latin American Competition 2020. The Ecofalante Cinema Exhibition is an annual event that contributes to the dissemination of important and award-winning rare cinematographic works to the Brazilian public. Through films and debates, the Mostra broadens and enriches social and environmental discussions that involve the whole of our society.
About the Exhibition
The Ecofalante Cinema Exhibition is the most important South American audiovisual event dedicated to social and environmental themes. Held annually since 2012, the event contributes to the dissemination of important and award-winning rare cinematographic works to the Brazilian public. Through free movies and debates, the Mostra broadens and enriches environmental discussions that involve the whole of our society.
In addition to the competition, the program features the International Contemporary Panorama (non-competitive), which features the newest films from the world’s leading film and documentary festivals; Historical Panorama, with classic films by renowned directors that offer us another look at the environmental issue; Tribute to a director of historical relevance to the cause; the Short Ecofalante Contest, which encourages audiovisual productions in schools and universities; and the Mostra Escola and the Ecofalante Universities Program, which take films and debates into the teaching environment.
Every evening of the event, the Mostra promotes debates that start with the films shown and are attended by specialists, researchers, critics and special guests – directors and national and international producers – who also accompany the sessions of their films to talk with the public.
The festival is organized by Ecofalante, a non-profit organization that aims at education for sustainable development.
The films selected for the Latin American Competition will compete for:
- Best Feature Film by the Jury: with a prize of R$15,000
- Best Short Film by the Jury: with a prize of R $5,000 and
- Best Movie By The Audience
- Latin American works will be accepted, finished from 2018 and not commercially exhibited in the city of São Paulo before the festival date.
- There are no restrictions on gender or duration.
- Films should address social and environmental issues such as energy, water, climate change, consumption, peoples and places, social and environmental activism, solid waste, contamination or pollution, social and environmental public policy, urban issues, mobility, housing, food, economy, globalization, wildlife, sustainability, among others.
All films that complete the entry and meet the prerequisites described here will be reviewed by the show selection committee. The selection criteria will be based on the artistic, technical qualities and thematic relevance of the work. The selection of the selection committee is sovereign, not subject to appeal.
For more information, visit Latin American Competition.