Max Planck Sciences Po Center (MaxPo) Doctoral Fellowship 2020
Deadline: January 20, 2020
The Max Planck Sciences Po Center on Coping with Instability in Market Societies (MaxPo) in Paris is inviting applications for a doctoral fellowship in sociology or political science at Sciences Po in Paris.
They welcome original and independent proposals on topics situated in economic sociology, political economy, economic or political history. The applicant’s interests should fall within the scope of MaxPo’s research program and the project should lay out the fit. The MaxPo PhD program runs in close collaboration with the doctoral program of the International Max Planck Research School on the Social and Political Constitution of the Economy (IMPRS- SPCE) in Cologne. Together, they offer the possibility of a double doctoral degree (cotutelle de thèse). Applicants interested in this possibility should signal it in their application
- Successful candidates will receive a three-year doctoral employment contract starting in September 2020.
- MaxPo doctoral fellows will have a fully equipped shared office and full access to the library and research facilities of Sciences Po.
- Additional funds may be available for fieldwork, research stays, and conference travel, subject to the budget and prior approval.
- The fellowship also includes a research stay at the MPIfG in Cologne
- Candidates will hold a master’s degree or equivalent and have received training in the following disciplines: history, sociology, or political science, with additional training in related fields.
- Degrees must have been received by August of the year in which applicants would enroll in the PhD program. Applicants should have an academic record of excellence and a strong command of research methods.
- There is no nationality requirement.
- Applicants must have high English proficiency, as English is the working language of MaxPo. They strongly urge their international students to acquire proficiency in French.
Applications can only be made online via Sciences Po’s admissions portal.
Important: Please add a headline to your thesis project stating that you are applying for a doctoral fellowship at the Max Planck Sciences Po Center (MaxPo).
You must include the following documents in your application:
- A doctoral thesis project in PDF or Word format (5,000 words maximum),
- An abstract of your doctoral thesis project in PDF or Word format,
- Two academic recommendations,
- Proof of identity,
- A copy of the last completed degree,
For more information, visit MaxPo Fellowship.