Norbert Elias Fellowships 2020/2021 for Senior Researchers and Postdocs from African Universities (Funded)
Deadline: February 28, 2020
Are you interested in interdisciplinary cooperation? Do you want to be part of a high level international team of researchers? Then you may want to apply for a Norbert Elias Fellowship 2020/2021 at the Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Bielefeld, Germany.
The ZiF is the Institute for Advanced Study of Bielefeld University and has been fostering outstanding interdisciplinary research groups for more than 50 years. The ZiF Research Group Global Contestations of Women’s and Gender Rights is convened by Professor Dr Alexandra Scheele, Professor Dr Julia Roth and Professor Dr Heidemarie Winkel from Bielefeld University and will bring together international fellows from different disciplines to work together at the ZiF from October 2020 to July 2021. The research group’s working language is English.
Successful applicants will become fellows of this research group and live and work at the ZiF for up to ten months. Norbert Elias Fellows also have the opportunity to work on their own projects, qualification and networking.
- The ZiF offers a monthly stipend of 3,000 Euro plus free accommodation at the ZiF’s campus and travel expenses. The ZiF will also contribute to health insurance costs.
- Fellows are very welcome to bring their families with them. The ZiF campus comprises flats from single room to family size to provide suitable accommodation.
- Fellows will also receive an additional allowance of 200 Euro per month per accompanying child. They will be happy to assist with finding appropriate childcare and educational facilities.
- Open to senior researchers and postdocs from African universities from all disciplines whose research and publications are closely linked to the research group’s topic.
- Applicants should be interested in interdisciplinary collaboration and willing to engage in the activities of the research group, such as jours fixes, talks, workshops and conferences.
- Since the aim of the organizers is also to extend their interdisciplinary networks to Africa, they are looking especially for researchers who are planning to continue their careers in Africa.
Selection criteria are academic excellence, relevance of the research for the research group’s topic, and a strong interest in interdisciplinary collaboration. The decision will be taken by the ZiF and the research group conveners. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview.
To apply, send a CV and a letter of motivation (maximum three pages) describing your research and how you intend to contribute to the research group. Please attach one or two relevant publications and indicate how long you intend to stay (two to ten months).
Send you application in one PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit Norbert Elias Fellowships.