Facebook Research Artificial Intelligence (AI) Residency Program 2020-2021
Deadline: January 31, 2020
Applications are open for the Facebook Research Artificial Intelligence (AI) Residency Program 2020. The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Residency Program is a one-year research training position designed to give you hands-on experience with artificial intelligence research while working in Facebook AI.
The program will pair you with an AI Researcher and Engineer who will both guide your project. With the team, you will pick a research problem of mutual interest and then devise new deep learning techniques to solve it. They also encourage collaborations beyond the assigned mentors. The research will be communicated to the academic community by submitting papers to top academic venues (for example, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ACL, EMNLP, etc.), as well as open-source code releases and/or product impact.
The AI Residency experience is designed to kickstart a career in the field. This is a full-time program that cannot be undertaken in conjunction with university study or a full-time job. The program will start in August 2020.
- Learn how to perform research in deep learning and AI.
- Understand prior work and existing literature.
- Work with mentors to identify problem(s) of interest and develop novel AI techniques.
- Translate ideas into practical code (in frameworks such as PyTorch).
- Write up research results in the form of an academic paper or open-source projects.
- Applications are invited from people who have a strong technical background and are passionate about AI research.
- Prior experience in machine learning is certainly a strength, but they seek people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including areas ostensibly unrelated to machine learning such as (but not limited to) math, physics, finance, economics, linguistics, computational social science, neuroscience, and bioinformatics.
For candidates interested in working in Menlo Park, New York, or Seattle, please apply here. For candidates interested in working at the London location, please apply here. If applying to both, you may use the same application materials.
For more information, visit Facebook AI Residency.