Deadline: January 31, 2020
Applications are open for the Seedstars Migration Entrepreneurship Prize 2020. The prize is targeted at socially driven businesses that offer innovative solutions in countries and regions prone to strong migration movements in MENA and Africa.
Seedstars is a Swiss-based private group of companies with the mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The groups’ activities cover over 80 emerging ecosystems through a variety of activities such as the largest startup competition Seedstars World, Seedstars Media, training and acceleration programs, Seedspace with physical hubs, venture capital investments, and company building activities.
- 10 startups will be invited to participate in the Investment Readiness Program and 5 of them will attend the Seedstars Summit.
- The 5 startups will join a 3-day bootcamp with mentors and investors at the Seedstars Summit. Moreover, one final global winner will be selected.
- The 10 finalists will be invited to participate in a customisable educational program that will prepare them to raise funds.
- Your venture must tackle solutions in MENA or Africa and can be aimed for society at large thus aimed at migrants and the local population. It can be implemented in the origin, host and transitory countries.
- Your venture must work in one of the following solutions: labour migration, economic migration, migratory fluxes, migration alleviation, migration relief, refugees, movement of people, emigration, immigration, human dignity, economic livelihoods, social development, human rights, dignity, women’s empowerment, social business, leveraging private sector solutions for social change, diaspora engagement, sustainable development.
- Your venture must be a seed-stage startup with a minimum viable product (MVP) and initial user traction.
List of Eligible Countries
- Middle East and North Africa: Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Libya, Egypt, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Israel, Oman, Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE.
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Ivory Coast, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra, Leone, Togo, Ethiopia, Somalia,
For more information, visit Seedstars.