Deadline: January 30, 2020
Applications are open for the YVR Art Foundation Emerging Artist Scholarship Program 2020. The YVR Art Foundation offers Emerging Artist Scholarships to British Columbia and Yukon Indigenous artists who are between the ages of 17 and 29 years and who reside in BC or the Yukon.
Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis to emerging artists who create visual art that reflects BC or Yukon First Nations culture and who wish to develop their art practice through education or mentorships.
- Up to eight Emerging Artist Scholarships of $5,000 each will be awarded in 2020. Emerging Artist Scholarship recipients will be selected by a Jury comprised of curators and/or senior Indigenous artists.
To be eligible for a YVR Art Foundation Emerging Artist Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be of BC or Yukon First Nations ancestry
- Reside in BC or Yukon
- Be between the ages of 17 and 29 in 2020 (born between 1991 – 2003)
- Create visual art that reflects BC or Yukon First Nations culture
- Have the goal of becoming a professional artist
- Have been accepted to study with an artist mentor or at a recognized school of art
- Commit to attend the annual Scholarship Awards Event in Vancouver at the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) on Friday, May 29, 2020 in recognition of their award and attend one year later on Friday, May 28, 2021 in recognition of their completed artwork (travel and accommodation to attend the event is provided for recipients who do not reside within the metro Vancouver region)
- Commit to delivering their completed Scholarship artwork to Vancouver International Airport (YVR) by April 2021.
Note: An Emerging Artist Scholarship can be awarded to an individual a maximum of two times.
Eligible Programs of Study
Applicants can apply for an Emerging Artist Scholarship to work with an artist mentor in a specific medium or to support their attendance at a recognized school of art.
There are two ways to apply:
- Fill out your online application form OR
- Download a PDF copy of the Application Guidelines and Application Forms, complete it and mail or deliver/courier it to the address listed on the application.