Rise Up Gender Equity Initiative (GEI) 2020 in Delhi, India
Deadline: January 10, 2020
Applications are open for the Rise Up Gender Equity Initiative (GEI) 2020 in Delhi, India. Civil society leaders and non governmental organizations (NGOs) based in the state of Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR) are invited to participate in Rise Up’s intensive Leadership Accelerator program. GEI is a non-stipend fellowship program offering selected leaders the opportunity to:
- Participate in the no-cost week-long residential Rise Up Leadership Accelerator workshop in April 2020 to strengthen their skills in girl and women-centered advocacy, leadership, and proposal development and develop strategies to improve the lives of girls and women in their communities.
- Apply for competitive seed funding to launch their advocacy strategies.
- Join a dynamic global network of diverse leaders working to improve the lives of women and girls everywhere.
- Be civil society leaders and/or social entrepreneurs who are between 21 and 60 years of age. All genders welcome!
- Be local residents of the state of Delhi and NCR Region.
- Have personal interest and commitment to promoting social justice, education, equity, and opportunity for girls and women.
- Have 5 years of demonstrated experience, or the equivalent, in at least one of the following thematic areas:
- Girls’ education
- Youth development
- Women’s economic empowerment
- Gender equity
- Community mobilization and development
- Media and communications
- Sustainable development
- Public policy or advocacy
- Environment, natural resource management, conservation
- Child protection
- Prevention of violence against women and girls
- Be part of a civil society organization, network, or community group that is based in Delhi and NCR region, India. Please note that groups do not need to be registered as non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Have the support of the leadership of your organization, institution, or group to participate in the Leadership Accelerator in April 2020.
Interested qualified applicants should use the online application form to submit an application along with a curriculum vitae or resume. You may submit the application in either English or Hindi. If you have difficulty filling out the online application, download the application (in Word or PDF) and email your completed application form and curriculum vitae/resume to Vidhu Prahba, Rise Up’s Program Manager at [email protected] with a copy to [email protected]
For more information, visit Rise Up Gender Equity Initiative.