Hearst Journalism Fellowships 2020 for Journalists in the US
Deadline: February 16, 2020
Applications are invited for the Hearst Journalism Fellowships 2020 for Journalists in the US. This is the premier two-year newspaper fellowship in the country. Their goal is to recruit, train and retain the best of the next generation of journalists – top-notch multi-media professionals with a broad range of skills.
The Fellowship program consists of two 12-month rotations at their top metro papers – San Francisco, Houston, San Antonio, Albany, and/or New Haven. Fellows are full-fledged journalists expected to make significant, valuable contributions in a variety of roles and platforms. There is no better place to start.
Tomorrow’s journalists won’t be satisfied by simply telling stories; they will be creating immersive experiences that let audiences get involved with their reporting. The forward-thinking tools you’ll need are being used at Hearst today.
If you have the skills, passion and determination to be a journalist of the future – a trained professional who knows a good story and who has the talent and confidence to tell it in a way that best imparts its relevance and importance to news consumers – the Hearst Fellowship might be perfect for you.
- Fellows will receive training, mentoring and real-world experience alongside top journalists who are using cutting-edge tools to tell stories through data, video, and more.
- Hearst Fellows are full-time employees with competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance and moving expenses.
- Open to journalists in the United States.
Each completed digital package should contain:
- One-page resume, including:
- Academic major and minor, date or expected date of graduation
- Permanent and current addresses
- Email, website and social media addresses
- On a separate page:
- Three work/character references, including titles, email addresses and phone numbers
- Hot links to digital work samples
- Cover letter no longer than two pages highlighting your qualifications and making your case for becoming a Hearst Fellow
- Two letters of recommendation. These may be submitted through the recruitment portal within your application or emailed separately to [email protected]
All uploaded application elements should be in PDF format and should adhere to the following naming convention for uploading: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME, as in JONES, JOHN PAUL. Please make every effort to include all materials, with the exception of reference letters, in one download. If a second is necessary, please mark it — ADD [date]
For more information, visit Hearst Journalism Fellowships.