Vienna Biocenter Summer School 2020 for Students Worldwide (Funded to Austria)
Deadline: January 31, 2020
Applications for the Vienna Biocenter Summer School 2020 are now open. The Vienna Biocenter Summer School provides a unique opportunity for approximately 25 undergraduate students to work side by side with leading researchers in a dynamic scientific environment.
The programme aims to attract talented students from around the world, creating a vibrant and diverse atmosphere. It is the perfect preparation for those students who are interested in graduate study in the life sciences arena. The programme starts on the last Friday in June and finishes on the the last Friday of August each year.
The school is a collaboration between five of Europe’s leading research institutes: Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Gregor Mendel Institute, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology, Institute of Molecular Pathology and the Max Perutz Labs and is generously sponsored by the Max Birnstiel Foundation.
- Applicants who are successful are provided with accommodation, a travel allowance and a stipend for the duration of the scholarship.
They invite applications from students from all around the world who are undergraduates/master students, and have completed at least two years of university study.
- Applicants must have completed at least 2 years of a University study (eg. 2/3 years of a Bachelor study or at least 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June)
- Have some previous research experience
- Good academic record
- High level of English language
- Evidence of enrolment in a University programme for the current academic year and the next year (if possible)