World Habitat Awards 2020 for Innovative Housing Ideas and Projects (prize of £10,000)
Deadline: March 23, 2020
Applications are open for the World Habitat Awards 2020. The World Habitat Awards recognise and highlight innovative, outstanding and sometimes revolutionary housing ideas, projects and programmes from across the world.
More than 250 outstanding World Habitat Awards projects have been recognised over the years, demonstrating substantial, lasting improvements in living conditions.
The World Habitat Awards competition has been run by World Habitat in partnership with UN-Habitat since 1985. In that time some of the world’s most remarkable and innovative housing projects have received international recognition for their work. In 2020, they will be presenting Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards to the most outstanding projects and programmes.
- The two GOLD Award-winning projects receive:
- a trophy (presented at a global event) in recognition of their work to develop and deliver good practice in housing. World Habitat meets travel and accommodation costs for a project representative to attend the awards ceremony;
- prize money of £10,000; and
- follow-up support from World Habitat through the World Habitat transfer programme
- Silver and Bronze Award-winning projects receive a certificate and the opportunity to partner with World Habitat in the promotion of their initiatives.
- Open to all individuals, organisations or governments who have addressed housing challenges.
- They want to hear about projects from around the world that:
- focus on affordable and adequate housing;
- have taken action to address the climate emergency;
- are in progress or have been completed in the last ten years; and
- have been designed and/ or delivered in close collaboration with the residents/ local community.
For more information, visit World Habitat Awards.