China-Africa Friendship General Scholar Program 2020 at Wuhan University (Funded)
Deadline: April 30, 2020
Applications are open for the China-Africa Friendship General Scholar Program 2020 at Wuhan University. The Chinese Government Scholarship-China-Africa Friendship Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students from African Countries for six month general studies in China.
Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit students. The program supports studies in the following areas: Clinical Medicine (Stomatology), Clinical Medicine (Surgery) and Globe Health.
- Tuition waiver;
- Accommodation (700RMB/per month);
- Living allowance: (3000RMB/per month);
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Full time applicants of African countries’ nationalities and in good health.
- Applicants for English-medium programs should provide score report of English Language test. TOEFL requires 80, IELTS requires 5.5. For those who could not offer the above mentioned standard English test results, additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University will be required to participate in. Native English-speaking applicants could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
- This program also support the students who had been studied or are studying in China.
- Applicants did not receive any other types of scholarship.
Application documents include:
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
- Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University (written in Chinese or English).
- Notarized degree certificate and transcripts. Prospective diploma recipients should submit official document issued by your current school to prove not only your current student status, but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English should attach notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Study Plan, within 800 words, written in Chinese or in English.
- One recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
- Scanned copy of valid ordinary passport with a minimum of one year before its expiration (personal information page).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English or Chinese, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81.The Physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only six months. Please keep the original copy of the form for the school registration.
- Valid English level certificate is required if applying for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
- Acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (if available).
- Performance certificate from the China’s universities if the applicants had been or are studying in China.
How to Apply
- Register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students. The code of Wuhan University is 10486. Choose Program category type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by China-Africa Friendship under Chinese Government Scholarship. Download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form.
- Register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students. Submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University” and required application documents.
For more information, visit China-Africa Friendship Scholarship.