Community Leaders for Internet Health | a Mozilla Open Leaders X Program 2020
Deadline: January 30, 2020
Applications are open for the Community Leaders for Internet Health | a Mozilla Open Leaders X Program 2020. This program aims to identify individuals who can lead community driven projects on internet health. In this 6 weeks program, they educate the participants on key internet themes using the issues highlighted in the Internet Health Report as a reference point (openness, privacy & security, web literacy, decentralization and inclusion).
The participants will also be guided on how to design and implement minor projects on internet health within their community. Through these projects, the participants can contribute to the internet health movement by documenting and sharing their experiences in fueling a healthy internet in their community.
- Become part of the Internet Health Movement with Mozilla Open Leaders X
- Get an expert mentor to give you specific advice on your project and leadership journey
- Spotlight the work of your community through the Internet Health report through Mozilla Open Leaders X
- Gain support for your grassroots work as a Digital Grassroots Community Leader for Internet Health
This is a web-based program and is free for selected applicants
Ten young people will be selected for the Mozilla Open Leaders X program by Digital Grassroots taking place in March – April 2020 online.
- Between 18 and 29 years old in 2020
- Able to dedicate 8 hours per week in March – Working on an existing internet related project ( any type of project – academic, activist, research, media etc)
- Good access to internet (this is a web-based program)
- Women are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants working on issues of gender, youth, and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply
- Applicants from any region / country can apply
- This opportunity will not require travel
If you’re interested in becoming a community leader for internet health, apply by January 30!
For more information, visit Mozilla Open Leaders.