TUI Care Foundation/enpact Travel Tech for Good Accelerator East Africa 2020 (Cash prize available)
Deadline: February 9, 2020
Applications are open for the TUI Care Foundation/enpact Travel Tech for Good Accelerator East Africa 2020. The Travel Tech for Good Accelerator is 3-month support for entrepreneurs, during which local and international mentors help you shape your business model, research potential investors and clients, and bring your elevator pitch to the next level.
6 start-ups are selected to participate in an intensive acceleration programme, which will take place in three hubs across East Africa. Boosting purpose-driven business development and improving the pitches will be at the core of the accelerator. Local and international mentors alongside a network of tourism professionals will advise the entrepreneurs and their team throughout the acceleration phase.
The programme ends with a Demo Day, where the founders pitch the results in front of an international jury. The winner will receive a cash reward and, importantly, access to East African ecosystems and an international network of supporters and experts. The programme targets startups with business models that have a social or environmental mission and hence are dedicated to positive change in their society.
Three months founder support programme,
- Including one week of intensive startup acceleration modules per month in different locations across East Africa (locations tbd)
- Additionally one week boot camp with international mentors and experts from TUI Business and Care Foundation
- One Demo Day in Nairobi, Kenya
- Travel expenses for one founder will be covered per startup
- Two dedicated mentors per startup
- Open to entrepreneurs who have a registered business based in East Africa
- The business is in travel or tourism sector
- The business has a social and/or environmental mission
- A revenue-generating market opportunity
- A scalable technology-driven business model
- Market traction and a track record of achievements, such as clients, revenue and partners
- Entrepreneurs at or about to be at the growth stage of their business
- Don’t apply if you are at idea stage or your business is not scalable!
- A strong core team or the ability to attract one
- Entrepreneurs who are receptive to coaching and feedback
For more information, visit Travel Tech for Good Accelerator.