ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research 2020 (Scholarship for Scholars in the MENA Region)
Deadline: March 8, 2020
The American Political Science Association (APSA) is pleased to announce a Call for Applications from early-career scholars based in the Arab MENA region who are interested in attending the 2020 ICPSR Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research.
APSA, in collaboration with the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), will sponsor up to 4 scholars based in the Arab MENA region to attend a 4-week training program held at the University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor, from June 22 – July 17, 2020.
About the ICPSR Program
The ICPSR Summer Program provides rigorous, hands-on training in statistical techniques, research methodologies, and data analysis. The 4-week session features a broad curriculum of courses ranging from introductory to highly specialized workshops and lectures in quantitative methodology.
Selecting from a list of available courses attendees will enroll in 1-2 workshops of their choice, depending on prior experience and areas of interest. Workshops meet for two hours daily, Monday through Friday, and include homework assignments and projects which are evaluated by instructors. Over the course of the 4-week program, participants receive premier instruction in research methodology and significant opportunities for networking. ICPSR is strongly committed to an inclusive Summer Program that encourages learning and professional collaboration.
- Selected participants will have their participation fees waived and will be provided with a roundtrip economy-class ticket and housing for the duration of the course.
- Participants will be responsible for securing their visa to the United States, covering their meals and all other miscellaneous expenses.
- Statistical software (if required) will be provided for the duration of the course, and textbooks (if required) will be available for purchase.
- Open to scholars based in the Arab MENA region. Those whose primary institutional affiliation is in the U.S. or Europe are not eligible)
Applications must be submitted through the online form:
- A detailed, recent Curriculum Vitae / Resume.
- A one-page cover letter describing, in detail, your motivation to attend the summer program, which courses you are interested in, and how this training will benefit your research plans and/or professional development. Please be as specific as possible.
- One letter of reference on official letterhead and scanned as an electronic file. Letters of support may come from a mentor, dissertation supervisor, or department chair. Letters may be uploaded directly via the online application form or submitted separately to [email protected]
For more information, visit ICPSR.