BP Global STEM Academies Scholarship Program 2020 for Students and Active Global Citizens
Deadline: March 9, 2020
Apply now for this once in a lifetime opportunity – the BP Global STEM Academies Scholarship Program 2020. The BP Global STEM Academies is an extraordinary, full scholarship study abroad program for students and active global citizens who are energized to help solve some of today’s biggest global challenges.
BP and AFS have partnered to host the BP Global STEM Academies, four-week programs in Brazil, Egypt, India, and the USA focusing on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and global competence education.
Scholarship winners will enrich their STEM knowledge and skills through interactive, hands-on curriculum, while developing critical global competencies, including problem solving, analytical skills, intercultural understanding, and the ability to build bridges across cultures. The program culminates with team projects and presentations that offer potential solutions to real world challenges, with an emphasis on climate change and the energy transition.
- BP and AFS have partnered to develop the BP Global STEM Academies and BP has provided funding for 110 full scholarships.
- The scholarship covers the AFS program fee, domestic and international airfares, your visa (if necessary), government fees to obtain a passport (if needed), and all program costs, including meals and housing.
For the 2020 BP Global STEM Academies, AFS is identifying and selecting scholarship recipients from Brazil, China, Egypt, Germany, Ghana, India, Mexico, South Africa and the USA. If you are from one of the above countries and meet the following eligibility criteria, hurry now and apply!
- Must be born between December 1, 2002 and June 1, 2005
- The ability to participate fully in a classroom and program conducted entirely in English
- Demonstrated interest in STEM, study abroad and interacting with different cultures
- Willingness to attend all four Academy destinations – Brazil, Egypt, India or the USA
- Ability and willingness to travel unaccompanied abroad
- Interested in exploring new cultures
Talented young people from all backgrounds who reflect the diversity of populations around the world, particularly young women and students with financial need, are encouraged to apply!
For more information, visit BP Global STEM Academies.