Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation – International Short Courses for Mid-Career Professionals (Nuffic Scholarships Available)
Deadline: March 17, 2020
The Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation invites applications for the 2020 International Short Courses for Mid-Career Professionals. They offer a wide range of courses which will help you to develop the capacities, leadership qualities needed to be creative, adaptive and responsive to the dynamics of a rapidly changing world.
In their courses they connect Wageningen University & Research’s technical and scientific expertise with cutting-edge processes of innovation and learning. Whether you are a development practitioner, an entrepreneur, or a policy-maker, their highly interactive training methods stimulate you to reflect and share your experiences to generate new insights. In their courses they offer a rich mixture of state-of-the-art theoretical insights and practical expertise.
Why not join one of their courses to widen your horizons, learn alongside others in your field, update your knowledge on current scientific insights, methodologies and practices, and become part of their network of over 20 000 alumni?
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs initiates different programmes for individual scholarships. The selection of theses scholarships is done by Nuffic, the Dutch organisation for facilitating the internationalisation of education.
The most common programmes are the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP), MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) and StuNed. Depending on your nationality, Nuffic’s selection criteria and your countries plan of implementation, you are welcome to attend one of the short courses by means of these scholarships. Detailed information and the application criteria can be found under ‘Scholarship Information‘.
For participants with and OKP, MSP, StuNed scholarship, Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation will book the flight tickets. The costs for international travel will be covered by the scholarship.
Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation will arrange accommodation for all course participants during the course on basis of full board and lodging. For OKP, MSP, StuNed or ITTO participants, the costs for accommodation will be covered by the scholarship. Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation will also arrange a health insurance for participants during the course. The costs for health insurance are covered by the fellowship.
- Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation welcomes all mid-career professionals from low and middle-income countries to develop their knowledge and skills on sustainable & inclusive food systems through our short courses.
- Depending on your financial situation, you can apply as a scholarship candidate or as a self-funded participant.
- Register for the course of your interest by clicking the ‘apply’ button on the webpage of this course. A registration form will open;
- Fill in the required fields of the registration form. Please note to write your date of birth without a zero (e.g. 1-5-1980 instead of 01-05-1980);
- Before you submit, check your details on the final page of the registration form;
- After submitting, you will receive a confirmation email. Make sure to directly click on the link in the email to confirm your registration. Without your confirmation, your registration cannot be processed;
- If you apply as an OKP or MSP-scholarship candidate, you will receive a registration letter for the scholarship within 3 working days;
- If you apply as a self-funded participant: we will forward your request for acceptance to the course leader. This can take some time as it depends on the coordinators’ schedule (1-3 weeks);
- If you’re accepted into the course programme, we’ll send you an admission letter by e-mail;
- You receive all required travel documents from us after you are selected for the scholarship (OKP/MSP-scholarship candidates) or when we’ve received your payment (self-funded participant).
For more information, visit Wageningen Short Courses.