Johnson & Johnson Dr. Paul Janssen Award 2020 for Biomedical Research ($200,000 Cash prize)
Deadline: February 29, 2020
Nominations are invited for the Dr. Paul Janssen Award 2020 for Biomedical Research. Johnson & Johnson created the Dr. Paul Janssen Award for Biomedical Research to extend the legacy of Dr. Paul Janssen by honoring the work of an active scientist in academia, industry or a scientific institute who has made a significant, transformational contribution toward the improvement of public health.
The award was created with the goal of honoring the memory of Dr. Paul, his dedication to excellence, and his leadership of young scientists. It also promotes, recognizes and rewards passion and creativity in biomedical research while underlying the commitment of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies to scientific excellence in the advance of healthcare knowledge while also its responsibility to the community.
- Each year, a gold and bronze sculpture along with a $200,000 cash prize is awarded to the most passionate and creative scientist or group of scientists in basic or clinical research, whose achievements have made or have strong potential to make a measurable impact on human health.
- Open to a clinical or basic research scientist or group of scientists in academia, government, industry, private research institution, medical, or clinical practice.
- The award will typically recognize an individual scientist but can be shared in circumstances in which the contributions of multiple nominees are viewed as being of similar importance.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
The Selection Committee will choose a scientist (or a group of scientists), in basic or clinical research, who:
- Has made a significant contribution to research that has impacted, or has strong potential to impact, human health through the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of disease.
- Exhibits the standards of innovation, insight, and leadership that Dr. Paul exemplified during his career.
- Provides a living example that the study of science and technology can enable or has the potential to enable extended, healthy, productive life.
- Displays a set of ethical values consistent with the Johnson & Johnson Credo and those values that guide the company.
For more information, visit Dr. Paul Janssen Award.