Deadline: May 15, 2020
Applications are open for the Africa Food Prize 2020 for Outstanding Individuals or Institutions. The Africa Food Prize recognizes extraordinary women, men, and institutions whose outstanding contributions to African agriculture are forging a new era of sustainable food security and economic opportunity that elevates all Africans.
Building on the values and principles established by the Yara Prize, the Africa Food Prize puts a bright spotlight on achievements and innovations with transformative power that can be scaled and replicated across the continent to eliminate hunger and poverty and provide a vital new source of employment and income.
- A USD $100,000 prize is awarded to the winners, Africans who are taking control of Africa’s agriculture agenda.
- Nominations are invited for individuals or institutions who are delivering improved food, security, catalyzing innovations and transformatiive change in Africa’s agriculture sector.
The Prize Committee considers the following criteria for the Prize:
- Contribution to reducing poverty and hunger and/or improving food and nutrition security in measurable terms
- Contribution to providing a vital source of income and/or employment in measurable terms
- Potential for transformative change through scalability, replication, and sustainability
- Increased awareness and cooperation among African audiences and organizations
- Proven leadership potential of the individual or organization, specifically the ability of the to persevere despite significant challenges or risks
For more information, visit Africa Food Prize.