Deadline: June 1, 2020
Applications are open for the Watson Semester Accelerator 2020. The Watson Semester Accelerator aims at preparing the next-generation, impact-driven entrepreneurs to launch ventures and unleash a lifetime of impact.
Whether at the idea-stage or prototyping-stage, the program is made for students who are looking to solve the world’s greatest challenges through the crossroads between entrepreneurship and social impact. Students in this program are driven to action by a passion to make a difference while designing, validating, and launching impact focused ventures.
During the 4-month program, a cohort of young social innovators convene in Boulder, Colorado to tackle the greatest challenges facing the world. From climate change to income inequality and from political oppression to access to water, students enrolled in the Watson Accelerator leverage training, mentorship, and community to unleash a lifetime of impact. Students who successfully complete the Watson Accelerator have an articulated pathway to earn credits from Lynn University which are eligible for transfer.
- Training: Courses and workshops focused on entrepreneurship, leadership, and hard skills that put theory to practice.
- Mentorship: Every student is paired with mentors in their field to challenge their assumptions, enhance their perspective, and expand their impact.
- Community: Students join a diverse cohort with members from every corner of the globe, a variety of experiences, and a common goal to impact the world.
As part of a Watson Semester Accelerator cohort of young innovators and social entrepreneurs from around the globe, students build a powerful community of peers and lifelong friendships. The cohort, as diverse as it is, has in common a gritty idealism and drive to make the world a better place.
Some highlights of student life include:
- An experiential scholar trip where the cohort travels to learn more about themselves and their classmates
- Funders Week, an entire week with workshops and special speakers dedicated to fundraising
- The Watson Summit, a culminating demo day where students pitch their ventures and projects to the Colorado community
- Shared, fully furnished and equipped apartment-style rooms with kitchens
- Access to co-working spaces around town and a bus pass
- Gym membership
- Living within walking distance of lively downtown Boulder and within feet of dozens of hiking trails
- This program is for college students, recent graduates, and gap-year students, early-prototyping stage entrepreneurs, innovators, and changemakers
- Students with an early-stage social venture/project and a passion for social impact are the most well-suited for the Watson Semester Accelerator.
- Early prototyping means that you have completed initial research on the project and have designed and put to test aspects of your business model. In addition, at this stage you have developed crude versions of the service or product that you are planning to launch. You may even have some revenue or funding streams at this stage, but the project/venture is neither self-sustained nor scalable.
To apply, you are:
- An impact-driven entrepreneur
- Using entrepreneurship as a tool for social impact
- Developing a service or product
- Ready for a fast-paced startup environment
Apply to the Watson Semester Accelerator. You have two tracks to choose from:
- Venture Founder Track: The Venture Founder track is for students who are founders or co-founders of a venture or project. The Venture Funder may collaborate with a Free Agent track student attending the same cohort.
- Free Agent Track: The Free Agent track is for students looking to join a venture or project and are prepared to contribute in significant ways to the team. Free Agents join a Venture Founder’s team at the beginning of the cohort.
For more information, visit Watson Institute.