ERN RD Research Mobility Fellowship Program 2020 for Physicians and PhD students (Funding available)
Deadline: March 16, 2020
Applications for the ERN RD Research Mobility Fellowship Program 2020 are now open. This fellowship aims to financially support PhD students and medical doctors working in ERN-member institutions to undertake short scientific visits (secondments) up to 3 months fostering specialist research training outside their countries of residence and within one of the ERN host institutions.
Through this training measure the fellows should acquire at their host (secondment) institution new competences and knowledge related to their research on rare diseases and with benefit to their ERN.
- The total budget foreseen for the fellowships call is of €600,000.
- Travel up to €400 for the entire fellowship and accommodation expenses up to €2,000 per month will be covered for a fellowship with a duration of up to 3 months.
- Open to PhD students with a minimum of one year of research experience OR physicians having finished their first year of specialist training
- Be affiliated to an ERN Full Member or to an ERN-Affiliated Partner Institution from one of the 24 ERNs at the time when the application is submitted, as well as during the proposed period of the training stay
- The host (secondment) institutions must be Full or Affiliated Members of an ERN at the time when the application is submitted, as well as during the proposed period of the training stay
- Added value to ERN of the mobility stay.
The fellows will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the proposed training/research plan;
- Applicant’s skills and competences;
- Impact on/added value of the training for the career prospects and knowledge of the applicant;
- Impact on/added value of the training and newly acquired knowledge/skills to the home and host institution (potential for exploitation of acquired knowledge/skills; establishment of new collaboration);
- Impact on/added value of the training and newly acquired knowledge/skills to the ERN as a whole;
- Organization and proposed methodology of the training;
- Relevance of the resources and budget required;
- Relevance of the training timeline.
Applicants must provide personal information and submit a research project plan, information about their current work, and information about the home and the host (secondment) institution. Applications using a different format or exceeding the length limitations of any sections will be rejected without further review.
For more information, visit ERN RD Research Mobility Fellowship.