Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers 2020 (Cash prize of US$5,000)
Deadline: March 23, 2020
Applications are open for the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers 2020. The award aims to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing regions. Young researchers who show outstanding performance and research achievements that may lead to future innovation will be commended with the Japan Award.
This annual award, which began in 2007, is organized and presented by the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council (AFFRC), the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan and supported by Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS).
- Up to three researchers will be invited to Japan and awarded a testimonial by the Chairman of the AFFRC during the commendation ceremony.
- They will also receive a cash prize of US$5,000 each from JIRCAS.
- Should be researchers who have the nationality of developing countries and/or territories, and belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university
- Should be under the age of 40 (as of January 1, 2020)
- Should be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing regions, including the food industry sector and the field of environment
- Must be able to attend the commendation ceremony in Japan, 2020
Download the following documents:
- Recruitment Guidelines for Young Foreign Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Researchers
- Guidelines for preparing application documents for young foreign agriculture, forestry and fisheries researchers
- Form 1
- Form 2
- Form 3
For more information, visit Japan International Award.