EuroDIG Youth Dialogue on Internet Governance 2020 for Young Europeans (Funded)
Deadline: February 21, 2020
Applications for the EuroDIG Youth Dialogue on Internet Governance 2020 are now open. The Youth Dialogue on Internet Governance (YOUthDIG) is a yearly pre-event to the European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG) aimed to foster active youth participation.
This year, both meetings are hosted at the Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics in Trieste, Italy. They will gather 30+ young people from all over Europe for a 3-day YOUthDIG programme (June 8-10, 2020) and EuroDIG (June 11-12, 2020) in which they are going to discuss key topics of Internet governance and policy, network with experts, and draft the 2020 Youth Messages. These messages are policy recommendations, and will be presented at EuroDIG, and the UN Internet Governance Forum.
If you are interested in Internet policies, want to exchange on hot topics in media, innovation, cybersecurity, human rights, literacy and more, apply to participate!
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during YouthDIG (June 8-10)
- Travel costs (No local transportation)
- Housing in the ICTP Guesthouse (shared rooms) from June 7 (arrival day) to June 13 (departure day) 2020.
- Applicants should be between 18-30 years old;
- Residing in Europe;
- Showing interest in Internet governance, and motivation to actively participate in YOUthDIG and EuroDIG.
How to Participate
The selection process by the EuroDIG Secretariat and the YOUthDIG Planning Team will be completed by March 8, 2020. All applicants will be notified. Successful applicants have to confirm their participation, otherwise the spot will be given to someone on the waiting list.
In order to receive funding (travel, accommodation, meals), participants have to:
- Participate in preliminary webinars (dates TBA)
- Actively participate in YOUthDIG and EuroDIG onsite
- Be a remote moderator in at least one EuroDIG session (Please see the draft programme at the wiki.)
For more information, visit YOUthDIG.