SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) 2020 in the Baltic Sea Region and Eastern Partnership countries (Fully-funded)
Deadline: March 11, 2020
Applications are open for the 2020 SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) in the Baltic Sea Region and Eastern Partnership countries. The SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) is a training programme developed to build new networks, knowledge and practices for increased transparency, efficiency and resilience in public administration.
The programme also aims to strengthen you and your individual capabilities to meet the requirements of a modern governance structure. As a participant of SAYP, you will be able to expand your own contact networks and share ideas, experiences and challenges with other like-minded professionals.
SAYP is a collaboration between Swedish institute and Swedish universities. The specific topics of the SAYP modules may vary from year to year. Topics this year are:
- Perspectives on Multi-level Governance, Decentralisation & Human Rights
- Migration and Integration in the Eastern Partnership and the Baltic Sea Region
- Sustainable Public Management
- Sustainable e-Government for Resilient and Innovative Democratic public administration (SeGRID)
- Transnational Public Administration and Organizing
SAYP will give you:
- Opportunity to develop your professional skills
- Tools to apply in your own organisations and local contexts
- Knowledge within sustainable modern governance
- Experience of cross-sectorial work environment
- Personal and professional network
- Lifelong membership in the SI Alumni Network
- Exclusive access to Peer Shadowing and other tools for continued learning
- Participation in SAYP is free of charge and includes meals, accommodation and travel.
- Open to citizen of and currently working in one of the selected countries: Armenia, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Sweden, Ukraine
- Have good command of English language
- Have a relevant higher education (at least three years)
- 35 years or younger (born 1985- )
- Employed in one of the following groups:
- Policymakers (politicians, government officials, employees of political parties)
- Public servants (non-political civil servants working at government agencies)
- Civil society workers (CSO/NGO employees)
The application must contain the following documents:
- Motivation letter according to the SI template.
Motivation letters in any other templates or formats are NOT valid. Make sure to read the questions in the Motivation Letter thoroughly and be specific and personal in your reasoning. Without exception, answers may not exceed the allowed number of characters (letters and spaces) for each question.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in the Europass format of maximum 3 pages.
A CV submitted in any other format than the Europass is NOT valid. Additional pages will be disregarded.
- Letter of Reference. It is recommended to use the SI template.
Remember that a letter of reference that is not signed is NOT valid. Only one letter of reference is required.
- English language certificate.
For more information, visit SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals.