Alibaba Business School/UNCTAD eFounders Fellowship Program 2020 for African Entrepreneurs
Deadline: March 27, 2020
Call for applications for the Alibaba Business School/UNCTAD eFounders Fellowship Program 2020 is now open. The program is open to founders/co-founders of digital ventures from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Botswana, South Africa.
The eFounders Fellowship Program provides first-hand exposure to eCommerce and digital innovations, access to business leaders across Alibaba and China, as well as an opportunity to connect with like-minded, leading entrepreneurs in your region. The fellowship is a community of passionate and successful “Champions for the New Economy” looking to inspire and create a more inclusive development model for all. The program will be held at Alibaba’s headquarters in Hangzhou, China from June 7-17, 2020.
The eFounders Fellowship program is jointly organized by Alibaba Business School and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), who are implementing the Sustainable Development Goals for 2030.
The following costs are covered:
- Hotel accommodation (shared room)
- Training materials and training session costs
- Field trips and site visit transportation costs
- Small daily living allowance of 30 RMB/day
The following costs are not covered (costs you must personally cover):
- Air tickets and transportation/pick-up services to and from Hangzhou, China
- Single hotel room requests (if you would like to stay in a single room you will be required to cover the full cost yourself)
- Additional food or personal expenses.
- You must be a full-time founder or co-founder of an officially registered digital venture that has been in operation for at least 2 years.
- Your venture must be headquartered, located in or operates in one of the following countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Botswana, South Africa.
- You must provide at least 1 referral in your application (referrals from a partner/organizer/eFounders Fellow are preferred).
- You must provide your official business license when requested during the application process.
- Entrepreneurs below 35 years old, female entrepreneurs, and target country locals are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit eFounders Fellowship.